Friday, January 23, 2009

23

5:58 PM -- and it's windy and cold, nasty-- whoo whoop ahrew--and I have been bouncin' from blog to blog while trying to assemble a theme variation, an autobio conjuncting of incidents pertinent to where I and who I/ am these/ tremulous days. - This year John Latta intends to write a poem each day. Reminds me of 1976, and also of Tom Montag's multi-year project. But Montag is a minimalist, and Latta--well, you have to read what he writes: there is no one like him. - "The force that through the green fuse drives the flower. . . ." - Only that in which humans participate can survive and thrive in the kingdoms of humans. Right now the sentiment is negative with regard to U.S. stocks. - Life is starting to get interesting over at Bank of America. Am considering beginning coverage of its stock (BAC) on Monday. If I do, sometime after 5 PM a post will be made at Money Rho. rho00267

2 comments:

Joseph Hutchison said...

There's also A. R. Ammons (my hero) and his Tape for the Turn of the Year, written from December 6, 1963 through January 10, 1964, on a roll of adding-machine tape. I've never done anything of the kind, but it's intriguing....

brian a j salchert said...

Tape for the Turn of the Year inspired me to write my much shorter but narrower Birthday Ribbons, written from January 11 through 16 of--I think--1977. It is now online in my Sets book. Could go on revising it forever, but have given up. Donald Justice helped me with it when I studied under him at UF. He said it was the most American of the poems of mine he had seen. It was, and that was one of the reasons I showed it to him.