Sunday, June 24, 2007

html for poets

The essence of what is here I learned some while back from an online site I am grateful to but do not recall, and have not been able to track down. However, this: See information above my name below. - The primary HTML tags to know are these three: PRE / FONT / P which must be used in this order before a post and in the OPPOSITE order after a post. Each of these needs to be < > enclosed. However, the FONT tag requires more defining input. On this post I am presently defining FONT this way: FONT FACE="Verdana" COLOR="#006600" SIZE="2" but I am not getting the result I want. The learning process I am into here is going to take longer than I expected. New environments force one to wire/ new ways of seeing. That's fine. This is not the first time I have been so challenged. Hello!: when I clicked the Compose tab I discovered I was getting what I requested, but that this environment requires such requests to be coded in a different way. Here I need to use span (you will see the details upon clicking Edit Html) wherein span replaces font as a major tag; or I can still put it in as originally shown, and let the Compose tab translate it to this environment's code system. I suggest using the after-the-or choice and not using Compose until a post's content is right. Unless there is a need reason not to, I also suggest using Verdana with its size set at 2. If Compose has already been utilized, set Verdana's size at 100%. Courier New is a font which allots equal space to each character, making it a need reason not to use Verdana under certain conditions; but the nearest choice in this environment is Courier. I have not yet checked to see if it allots equal space to each character. [27JUN07 - Since writing the above about Courier, I tested it on this blog's Directory post, and it appears to space as Courier New does. Below is a link to the Directory.] . ~ It is best to place both the needed major before tags and after tags on your post first. Put the opening tags on one line and the closing tags on the second or third line. The after tags must be preceded by a / since this symbol indicates end of tag use. <> body of post <> is a fake example. Commonly, no space occurs between the <> and the tag or slant/tag within. ~ Although it is not doing here all I hoped it would, the importance of the PRE tag (it has been my experience elsewhere) is that it keeps text placed where the person inputing that text wants it to be. This is especially useful when presenting poems in which there are indented lines. ~ [27JUN07 - Various available fonts, font colors, font sizes can be used on the same page; but not without first ending the font in use before inserting the needed code change(s). My present thinking is: Pages in this environment which are likely to be frequently changed should be kept in HTML, if HTML is being used to construct them. The Compose tab should be left unused.] - Try these searches: lookup tables HTML colors rgb - - See directory2007 in Catmap. - Brian A. J. Salchert - Rho00003

No comments: